- CREATE a personal account and save your account name and password for future use.
- Apply to study abroad at your home institution! Keep in mind that many schools have very early internal deadlines for studying abroad. If you attend a school that is new to AIT and in order to receive credit and/or financial aid, you might need to petition your school to attend AIT before you apply to AIT. In that case, do not hesitate to let AIT know how to help make your petition process go as smoothly as possible.
- Be prepared to provide TWO REFERENCE CONTACTS who know your academic qualifications well. At least one of them (ideally both) should be a computer science, mathematics, or engineering professor, and ONE STUDY ABROAD contact who can verify your approval to study away from your home institution.
- In case of application to the Summer term only, providing one reference (instructor or academic adviser) is sufficient and no study abroad approval is required.
- Be prepared to provide information about your highest level of coursework in mathematics and computer science and what you are interested in studying at AIT.
- Prepare a well-written essay about why you want to attend AIT, what you hope to gain from the experience, and what you may be able to contribute to the AIT experience.
- Complete and SUBMIT the on-line application form by the deadline date. There is NO FEE to apply to AIT.
- Only AFTER you have submitted the online application; send an official copy of your TRANSCRIPT (postmarked by the application deadline date) to the AIT North American office: AIT - North America, PO Box 1244, Claremont, CA 91711. (Official emailed digital copies of transcripts are preferable and may be sent directly from an applicant’s school registrar or study abroad office to jorrison [uhlztasp] ait-budapest [shzpokiz] com. Any form or unsealed transcript sent directly by a student through post mail or email cannot be accepted and will be considered unofficial.) PLEASE NOTE: AIT NACD cannot receive EXPEDITED mail OUTSIDE the United States Postal System and does not provide a street address. Regular or Priority mail is preferred. ALSO: Please do not add signature-required services.
- An application is COMPLETE when the (1) on-line form is completely filled and submitted, the (2) official transcript and (3) both recommendations from your professors have been received, (When you submit your on-line application form, these professors will automatically receive an e-mail informing them how to submit their recommendations.) and (4) your approval to spend a semester abroad is verified by a study abroad official with your school.
- You have a further 10 days to complete the application process after the final application submission deadline in order to provide your supporting materials; recommendations, approval and transcript.
- Recent change in the application process: Rolling admission! You will receive an e-mail with the decision whether you have been accepted to AIT-Budapest from the Admissions Committee within 2 weeks from the receipt of your completed application package.
- In the case you are accepted, an e-mail will be sent to you with instructions on how to proceed with your confirmation of acceptance. You may be required to pay a deposit of $200 (the deposit is deductible from tuition but non-refundable) within 2 weeks of your acceptance date. Then, further practical information will soon follow the receipt of the deposit or confirmation from your school (if you are not required to pay the deposit by your home institution), which will outline instructions on the registration process and travel requirements (i.e. visa instructions).
We want to see you at AIT!
Links to some of our partner schools Study Abroad offices:
|Your home school||Link to relevant office|
|Amherst College||Amherst Study Abroad|
|Brown University||Office of International Programs|
|Carleton College||Off-Campus Studies|
|Columbia University||Office of Global Programs|
|Cornell University||Cornell Abroad|
|Dartmouth College||Off-Campus Programs|
|Grinnell College||Off-Campus Study|
|Harvard University||Office of International Education|
|Harvey Mudd College||Mudd Study Abroad|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology: MIT||Studying Abroad or Away|
|Mount Holyoke College||Study Abroad|
|University of Pennsylvania||Penn Abroad|
|Pomona College||Office of Study Abroad|
|Princeton University||Office of International Programs|
|University of Richmond||Gateway Abroad|
|Smith College||Study Abroad|
|Swarthmore College||Off-Campus Study Office|
|Wesleyan University||Office of International Studies|
|Williams College||Study Away|
|Yale University||Yale Study Abroad|